What To Wear On St. Patrick's Day | ChaCha Flare: What To Wear On St. Patrick's Day

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

What To Wear On St. Patrick's Day


MICHAEL KORS GOLD CHAIN | JEANS- MAURICES | VINCE CAMUTO PUMPS | STELLA STARR RUFFLE TRENCH COAT

Kiss me, I'm not Irish!  You would think I were an Irish girl rather than a Brazilian with my light skin and blue eyes, right?  Whether you are Irish or not, it's always fun to partake in the St. Patrick's Day celebrations and of course, wear green.  I have nothing stylish in the traditional kelly green so I improvised with teal green.  Hey, green is green! 

With snow still in site and Oak Brook Mall's water fountain in full blast (what?!!!), I wore a tank loosely tucked into my dark, straight jeans.  Like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, nothing looks better than a gold chain necklace against green.  For my interest factor, I included two items: 1) my favorite ruffled trench coat and 2) my daring, leopard  Vince Camuto peep toe heels. 

ChaCha Tidbit:  Green and yellow (or gold) are right next to each other on the color wheel so it creates color harmony which is very pleasing to the eye.  The same harmony is present in the blue from my jeans and green top.  Oooo, lots of color harmony!  I know this crap because I majored in art my first year in college; nice to know that I got something out of freshman year! 

Pretty fancy for St. Patty's Day, eh?  One week until the Irish holiday but only 3 days until the parades, eh hem... parties begin.  This Saturday, I will be going to a neighborhood party with lots of beer and shenanigans, so should I wear this outfit?  Maybe I need this look below?  I'm taking votes...what would you wear??  Comment on the blog, facebook, twitter or instagram!  Fancy look or fun look?


Let me hear from you, ChaChas!  Results will be posted on Saturday.

Photography by G.Lynn Photo

Sláinte!

Deb

2 comments: