April Showers Brings... Rain Boots! | ChaCha Flare: April Showers Brings... Rain Boots!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

April Showers Brings... Rain Boots!

Ah April!  I love you for thawing the frozen grass, growing buds on trees and giving us the anticipation of summer, but I hate the rain!  Everything is wet and muddy and it can be so gloomy you would think it was October.  How do I deal with this crappiness?  Bright colors and rain boots!

When it rains, I get in a bad mood.  I don't feel like dressing up (unless I have to) because wearing nice clothes plus being wet really sucks.  So that means sweatpants and turning into a lazy sloth- NOT!  Yes, I want to be cozy but if I get too comfortable I end up sitting on the coach watching "The Real Housewives of Somewhere Rather" which results in piles of dishes and no dinner for the family.  So to even it all out, this is my go-to rain or gloomy day outfit:  Bright colored athletic jacket, cute skinny jeans and rain boots.



I love this "Louis Vuitton" backpack.  Don't be too impressed, it's most likely a knock-off.

My Under Armour jacket is perfect for adding some cheer to a rainy April day.  Meg, my awesome sister-in-law, gave this one to me for my birthday...thank you, Meg!  Make it bright coral like mine or yellow, pink, green, blue or even white.  It will brighten you up and make you smile :)  

ChaCha Tip:  Save money by shopping at discount stores such as TJ Maxx or Nordstrom Rack for cute high-end athletic wear.  Also check out online stores like 6pm.com or amazon.com.

My dog, Winnie.


Pair up your athletic look (or any spring look) with rain boots.  Spare your precious shoes and sport those wellies!  To stomp around, run errands or walk your dog, these babies are great for going through puddles and such.  And so many varieties of styles to choose from leopard, polka dots, plaid oh my! 

Make the best of those rainy days, ChaChas!

xo,

Deb

What Deb Wore
Under Armour Jacket | Hinge Tank Top | Democracy Distressed Skinny Jeans | Hunter Rain Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment